DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC MARKETING
Vital Vio (www.vitalvio.com) is an innovative, technology driven engineering company committed to the advancement of human health. Founded in 2012 with a mission to more effectively manage bacteria levels in hospitals and other at-risk facilities, the team at Vital Vio has successfully developed a white light disinfection solution capable of killing a range of potentially harmful germs such as MRSA and E. coli in any indoor environment by attacking only harmful bacteria at the molecular level while being safe to use around humans. Over the past four years the company has advanced its technology to offer several product solutions that utilize cutting edge single diode LED disinfection technologies capable of safely reducing bacteria, mold, and fungi count in healthcare, hospitality, pharmaceutical, athletic, residential, and other settings. Key customers and installs include Mount Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland VA Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center and Duke University Athletic Pavilion.
Consistently recognized for innovation and the ability to positively impact public health, Vital Vio has been featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, Inc. Magazine, and CNBC and recently was awarded gold at the 2017 Edison Awards honoring excellence in new product development, human-centric design, and innovation.
This position will be based out of the company’s headquarters in Troy, NY. The Troy operation is located within a 19-county region of eastern New York State that spans from south of Montreal to north of New York City. Within the heart of this region is the Capital District, an area continually receiving high marks for quality of life, cost of living and the home to a growing number of early stage and advanced companies in fields such as nanotechnology, semiconductor, alternative energy and biotechnology. The region is establishing itself as a vibrant startup hub and a hotbed for the growth of global technology companies.
Reporting to the VP of Commercialization, this professional will assume ownership of the marketing function and play an essential role in creating and implementing a strategic marketing plan inclusive of research, analytics, branding, communications and product management domestically and globally. Part analyst, part strategist, part manager, this highly motivated and creative professional should be able to quickly assimilate into the business and evaluate the current state of Vital Vio’s corporate identity and efficiently address opportunities for growth.
Our candidate of choice will serve as a strategic thought leader and partner for the senior management team in building robust marketing plans that help achieve strategic imperatives; for the engineering team in developing comprehensive product management plans; and for Vital Vio licensing partners (OEM’s) in creating robust and effective launch plans.
Paramount to the success of this leader, and to the long-term growth of Vital Vio, will be his/her ability to manage the marketing process from research and planning to execution and analysis. This is a unique opportunity, to truly shape how Vital Vio and its ground-breaking technology comes to be known in markets worldwide!
- Develop, implement and oversee all branding and corporate identity initiatives.
- Develop and oversee implementation of the marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
- Support execution of go-to-market strategies for revenue growth and market pentration as well as expanding the company’s global reach.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing function that supports and drives product management for new and existing products inclusive of: product definition in partnership with engineering, competitive analysis, pricing strategies, channel and go to market strategies, and marketing communications including branding, white papers and product and sales training.
- Develop sales forecasting and design sales tools and collateral that help to aggressively identify and close revenue with new and existing customers/distribution partners.
- Work closely with Vital Vio licensing partners; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials, training and presentations.
- Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Conduct market-research and analysis for future products.
- Assist business development and technical support staff with messaging, product packaging, and language for technical support documentation
- Develop analytical marketing tools and strategies to drive product demand and sales in key markets.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ of progressively expanding marketing, advertising, PR, and/or communications experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred in business, marketing, and/or communications.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement new programs and lead strategic change initiatives in a fast-paced high growth environment
- Possess an exceptional professional presence and excellent communication skills with the ability to build lasting and impactful relationships with OEM partners, customers, and vendors.
- Experience with digital marketing, SEO, and graphic design.
- Experience launching and positioning technical products and solutions; comfort creating awareness and understanding in markets with a new and innovative technology.
- Ability to work on and positively influence multi-disciplinary teams.
- Thorough understanding of advertising principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to be hands-on and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Qualified candidates, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org