Microbiology Lab Support
Vital Vio, a biotechnology company located in Troy, is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and knowledgeable person to join our Microbiology Lab to assist with various microbiology research projects and studies.
Vital Vio engineers and manufactures lighting systems that offer drastic financial and health benefits to customers by killing bacteria on environmental surfaces through safe, continuous white light. We are a small company offering big potential for global markets in a variety of industries
- Organizing longitudinal tests of bacterial inactivation and growth prevention
- Growing and maintaining microbial cultures
- Sampling at designated time points during experiments
- Performing serial dilutions and plating bacteria along to calculate bacterial titers
- Interpreting and assessing samples and data collected
- Lab maintenence tasks such as making media, pouring plates, general lab tidiness
- Some review of published literature to learn and understand new techniques
- Degree in Biology with hands on lab experience; experience in microbiology preferred
- Research design and analytical methods experience
- Knowledge of general laboratory and safety procedures
- Ability to operate with moderate supervision
- A self-starter with enthusiasm and initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Strong organizational skills
This is a paid part-time position, up to 25 hours per week.
Qualified candidates please forward your resume, including a list of relevant courses to [email protected]
Applications Engineer (Electrical)
Vital Vio is accepting applications for a full-time Applications Engineer. The position consists of supporting external business partners to integrate Vital Vio technology into their product portfolio, Project Management, New Product Development, Design Verification & launch into production while ensuring proper documentation of these activities.
- Act as technical point of contact between the customer and Vital Vio; provide project management support for all engineering activities required for the project.
- Develop electrical subsystems and products to customer requirements, standards, and other specifications
- Design of electrical circuits and hardware necessary to enable Vital Vio’s LED technology into customer’s existing and newly developed products
- Evaluate electrical systems, components, products, and applications by designing and conducting empirical tests/experiments
- Perform calculations and develop mathematical models for systems performance based on knowledge of electrical engineering and based on measured/observed operation
- Assist in sourcing efforts for materials, component sub-assemblies, and manufacturing methods
- Design and construct proof of concept prototypes and products for commercialization
- Work with Vital Vio’s contract manufacturers to launch selected designs into production and provide ongoing support throughout the complete life cycle of the product
- Document projects and systems by preparing CAD drawings, datasheets, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Work on cross-functional teams to bridge the gap between the business development department’s account support and engineering
Qualifications & Applicant Requirements (Essential):
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or similar field with 10+ years professional experience
- Has hands-on experience with a high level of execution and functionality in electrical engineering
- Has prior experience in technical Project Management for products like those Vital Vio produces
- Has prior experience developing products using a stage – gate development process
- Experience completing PPAP or similar design verification process
- Experience with operating various lab/diagnostic equipment used for testing electronics
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout, as well as simulation
- Assumes ownership for projects they are responsible for
- Can provide portfolios of engineering/project work
Qualifications & Applicant Requirements (Desired / Beneficial):
- Optical and thermal design expertise a plus
- Experience with lighting products, specially LED based, optics and photometry
- Proficient in ‘computer’ programming in languages such as .NET C#, C++, Python, C, etc.
- Comfort/familiarity working in an emerging technology businesses
- Flexible/adaptable to change due to the needs of the business
Interested Candidates: forward your resume to [email protected]