Vital Vio (www.vitalvio.com) is an innovative, technology-driven engineering company committed to the advancement of human health. Founded in 2012 with a mission to more effectively manage bacteria levels in hospitals and other at-risk facilities, the team at Vital Vio has successfully developed a white light disinfection solution capable of killing a range of potentially harmful germs such as MRSA and E. coli in any indoor environment by attacking only harmful bacteria at the molecular level. Over the past four years, the company has advanced its technology to offer several product solutions that utilize cutting edge single diode LED disinfection technologies capable of reducing bacteria, mold, and fungi count in healthcare, hospitality, pharmaceutical, athletic, residential, and other settings. Key customers and installs include Mount Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland VA Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center and Duke University Athletic Pavilion.
Consistently recognized for innovation and the ability to positively impact public health, Vital Vio has been featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, Inc. Magazine, and CNBC and recently was awarded gold at the 2017 Edison Awards honoring excellence in new product development, human-centric design, and innovation.
This position will be based out of the company’s headquarters in Troy, NY. The Troy operation is located within a 19-county region of eastern New York State that spans from south of Montreal to north of New York City. Within the heart of this region is the Capital District, an area continually receiving high marks for quality of life, cost of living and the home to a growing number of early stage and advanced companies in fields such as nanotechnology, semiconductor, alternative energy and biotechnology. The region is establishing itself as a vibrant startup hub and a hotbed for the growth of global technology companies.
Vital Vio is accepting applications for a full-time Electrical Engineer. The position consists of supporting external business partners to integrate Vital Vio technology into their product portfolio, new product development, optimization and performance analysis of existing systems, research and development of new technologies/systems, and ensuring proper documentation of these activities.
- Design of electrical circuits and hardware necessary to enable Vital Vio’s LED technology
- Evaluate electrical systems, components, products, and applications by designing and conducting empirical tests/experiments
- Design and test new light spectrums, evaluating material transmission and thermal testing
- Evaluate feasibility of integrating Vital Vio’s technology into our partner’s existing commercial products
- Perform calculations and develop mathematical models for systems performance based on knowledge of electrical engineering and based on measured/observed operation
- Develop electrical subsystems and products to customer requirements, standards, and other specifications
- Design and construct proof of concept prototypes and products for commercialization
- Document projects and systems by preparing CAD drawings, datasheets, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Assist in sourcing efforts for materials, component sub-assemblies, and manufacturing methods
- Assist with validation efforts for quality and robustness of LED’s and components
- Develop software applications to aid production, automate tasks, and demonstrate functionality
- Work on cross-functional teams to bridge the gap between the business development department’s account support and engineering
Qualifications and Applicant Requirements
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or similar field with 2+ years professional experience
- Has hands-on experience with a high level of execution and functionality in electrical engineering
- Experience with operating various lab/diagnostic equipment used for testing electronics
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout, as well as simulation
- Proficient in ‘computer’ programming in languages such as .NET C#, C++, Python, C, etc.
- Assumes ownership for projects they are responsible for
- Can provide portfolios of engineering/project work
- Optical and thermal design expertise a plus
- Experience with lighting products, specially LED based, optics and photometry
- Comfort/familiarity working in an emerging technology businesses
- Flexible/adaptable to change due to the needs of the business
Interested Candidates: forward your resume to [email protected]